Everyone looks for tips to help them get their day started. There is a lot on this subject and honestly different tips will work in different ways for individual personalities, so we suggest to not stop with our little blog if these tips are not the solution you are looking for.
Way before the sun itself jumps up over the horizon, a few super achiever people awaken from their slumber with energy many of us might envy and dive headfirst into their day. These chosen few accomplish a ton before many of us would ever consider rising from our toasty slumber.
We actually, change up our ‘solutions’ to having that robust energy that helps us jump out of bed in the morning. In theory, your productivity level shouldn’t differ if you rise at 4am or 11am. The next five tips are just our most recent starting with the obvious the quality of sleep that’s giving your mind and body sufficient time to recover.
- Drink water before you go to sleep – it is kind of simple logic if you have to use the restroom you are more apt to get out of the bed. Plus, it is good for you! A few more simple logic tips that to us all roll into one which is evening prep; open your blinds, eat a small high protein snack (nuts or yogurt), set your alarm clock away from your bed, and drink two room temperature (16-ounces) glasses of water as soon as you sit up.
- Get excited. The night before, think of one thing you would like to do in the morning that excites you. #PassionOnPurpose! Having something to look forward to is a major motivator! It could be something you want to write or a new workout routine, or meditation, or something you’d like to read, or a work project that’s got you fired up. You can even bribe yourself and give yourself a reward every seven days you wake up at the preselected time.
- Plan a Trip. Nothing gets you more excited than the thought of going on vacation. It doesn’t have to be big but it can be! The possibilities are endless and it gives me excitement jitters just to think about it! To keep this excitement alive have a travel journal next to your bed that you can write all the things you will do on vacation and even notes-ideas on future plans.
- Have an accountability partner. If at all possible select your significant other nothing helps you more than to have someone to jump in and out of bed with. If you do not have one, it is okay, you can find someone that has your same desires to be an energetic riser. Set regular morning calls where you can share your hopes, dreams, and yes even your struggles.
- Plan your day. It is super easy to sleep in if you do not have a purposeful plan. Planning is one of the fundamental ways to maximize your mind to achieve your goals, and as such, it plays a critical role in allowing us to have an awesome day, every day. We need not do more than take 15 minutes the night before to organize the next days’ schedule.
Those that want to jump out of bed with energy are usually the ones that desire to live their lives with purpose. Think about it young children will do anything to avoid going to sleep at night. These same children are also the ones that can’t wait to get out of bed first thing in the world. The simple reason for this non-lazy behavior is that they don’t want to miss a thing.
As adults, we usually need more persuasion than ‘not wanting to miss a thing’. This is why we take extra steps in creating fun, life-changing goals, and scheduling specific ways of how we’ll get a step closer to these goals during this coming day. What we all need is not necessarily a cause we’re willing to die for, but at least a cause we’re willing to LIVE for. I hope you all find something that helps you jump out of bed and really live your life!